Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One Cryx, two Cryx, three Cryx, four!

Yay! My Cryx are in the hiz-ouse! Yeah, sorry about that. My kids won't be reading this or otherwise I am sure that they too would be ashamed of me.

Anyways, what is really important is that I got my Cryx army in. The models took a small beating despite their excellent packaging, so some repairs will need to be made. Now this force was listed as a eGaspy? force. However, it did list that it could also be used a small pDenny force too. Regardless, it was a pretty sweet deal and I couldn't pass it up.

I now have everything I need to start playing except for the rulebook. However, a very cool dude up in Seattle is actually sending me one and will be here in a couple of days. So by the weekend, I'll be ready to rock and roll. I also nabbed a cryx starter (basically) with a few extras on Bartertown. It only cost me my KoB fleet from Dystopian Wars. For those that follow my DW blog, no worries, I still have four other fleets and this was my smallest.

To help prep me for my future games of WM, I've been reading the Battle Collge on a daily basis. I have to say, it is in much better shape than when MkI rules were in effect. The BC sort of caused me to give up a bit when I would read "this unit is useless" under the descriptions. The site has done a much better job of listing uses and synergies. That promotes the game way better in my opinion.

The only downside to reading the site is that it can peak my interest in another faction. Right now I've been looking at Menoth and a Feora themed list. I've always liked the flameguard units and she seems like an "in your face" kind of caster, which is completely different from my pDenny style. Of course I'm getting way ahead of myself here. I need to play Cryx and only Cryx and learn the darn game before I go crazy with the buying.

I'm such a nerd.

Anyways, I've heard that a local game store is going to be hosting an escalation league for Warmachine next month. So if that pans out time-wise, it will give me a good environment to learn the game. Also, my poor friend Robert is trying really hard to stay away from this one. Heh. Of course if I end up liking it, he's a dead man. You hear that Robert? start saving your pennies man! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment